Your Connection to Elder Law and Care Answers

Robert Slutsky,   Elder Law Attorney   in Plymouth Meeting, PA        show your full name

User image

Elder Law Attorney at Robert Slutsky Associates edit

Certifications edit
  1. Juris Doctorate
  2. National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
Questions Answered: 11
Answer a recent question from a Plymouth Meeting, PA caregiver.
About edit
For over 18 years, Elder Law Attorney Robert M. Slutsky, Esq. has helped clients secure a stable future. Whether you’re a parent looking to secure an inheritance for your children, or a son or daughter looking for guidance in Medicaid planning or estate matters, Robert M. Slutsky Associates can help.
Website edit
Articles Written
Areas of Expertise edit
Assistance Applying for Medicare and Medicaid, Estate planning, Guardianship services, Legal advice for the elderly, Medicaid Planning, Medical Referalls, Power of attorney, Trusts and Estates,
Education edit
  • The Dickinson School of Law, Carlisle, PA; J.D.
  • LaSalle University, Philadelphia, PA; B.S. Finance

Request a Consultation

Complete this form or call the professional. Consultations are free when you mention MyAgingFolks

Your Name *
Your Email *
Phone Number *
Issue you want to discuss

Recent advice by Robert Slutsky
What Paperwork Do I File So My Siblings Can Sign Over Their Share Of A Home What paperwork do I file so my siblings can sign over their share of a home
Robert S.'s Expert Answer:     To transfer ownership in real estate one needs to prepare and execute a new deed to the property. Not knowing anything about the circumstances there may be negative tax or Medicaid consequences that are affected by the transfer.
Can A Power Of Attorney Get Reimbursed For Expense Can a power of attorney be reimbursed for expenses
Robert S.'s Expert Answer:     Yes, in general an agent under a power of attorney can be reimbursed for reasonable expenses paid for the benefit of the principal or one of their dependents.
My Dad Was In A Nursing Home For A Year He Recently Passed Away Upon His Passing He Was Finally Approved For Medicaid Meanwhile, I was paying his pharmaceutical bills from his meds in the nursing home, I was told not to by his attorney, but the company phoned me and more or less said they had to be paid. Am I able to get the money refunded ? ( my mom is still living, but is under Hospice care, she could use this money for her living expenses since my dad is deceased)
Robert S.'s Expert Answer:     You may be able to submit the bills through the NH to Medicaid and get money back. However, since the NH has been paid, they may be less than helpful. If the amount you paid is significant you may want to appeal the decision (if you get nowhere with the NH) before the appeal period expires and see if MA will reimburse you directly. Your attorney should be able to assist with this.
See all answers by Robert S.
Disclaimer of Attorney Client-Relationship
          This web site is purely a public resource of general information which is intended, but not promised or guaranteed, to be correct, complete, and up-to-date. This web site, however, is not intended to be a source of legal advice and the reader should not consider this information to be an invitation for an attorney-client relationship, should not rely on information provided herein, and should always seek the advice of competent counsel in the reader's state.
          Furthermore, any reader who sends information to the owner of this web site must realize that this action, and any reply thereto, do not create and attorney-client relationship and the reader must have no expectation whatsoever of confidentiality with regard to any information contained in his or her communication(s).
          The owner of this web site does not wish to represent anyone desiring representation based upon viewing this web site in a state where this web site fails to comply with all laws and ethical rules of that state.
          Finally, the owner of this web site freely grants permission to anyone wishing to link to this web site without representation; the owner will gladly remove any link from this web site upon request from the linked entity; this web site is not sponsored or associated with any particular linked entity unless so stated in truth by that entity; and the existence of any particular link is simply intended to imply potential interest to the reader.